Armie Hammer is marking nearly five months at an in-patient treatment center and is reportedly willing to stay as long as it takes to get better.
The 35-year-old actor is ‘thriving’ amid his ongoing treatment, sources close to him told
The Call Me By Your Name star was reported to have checked in on May 31, after he was accused of abuse by multiple former partners and DMs allegedly sent by him were leaked that described dark fantasies involving cannibalism and rape.
In treatment: Armie Hammer, 35, is still at a Florida in-patient treatment facility where he’s ‘thriving,’ sources tell TMZ on Saturday. The actor is reportedly willing to stay there as long as it takes to get better; seen in November 2020 in Santa Monica
According to the sources, Hammer has improved compared to where he was when he entered treatment, and they claim it’s even obvious just from hearing his voice.
He’s also managed to keep in touch with his six-year-old daughter Harper and his four-year-old son Ford, whom he shares with his ex Elizabeth Chambers, via FaceTime.
Hammer reportedly doesn’t know when he’ll complete his treatment, but he’s ‘willing to do whatever it takes’ to improve.
Those close to him say he acknowledges that he was in an ‘incredibly bad place’ prior to treatment, but it’s not clear if he admits to any of the behavior he was accused of by multiple former partners.
Family: He keeps in touch with six-year-old daughter Harper and his four-year-old son Ford, whom he shares with his ex Elizabeth Chambers, via FaceTime; pictured with Chambers in 2019 in West Hollywood
The sources add that he doesn’t want to go back to his old ways.
The actor checked into the facility outside of Orlando for ‘drug, alcohol, and sex issues’,
Those close to him also disputed a recent report in
Schitt’s Creek actor Noah Reid will now be playing the role Hammer was seen in during previews, but sources claim he had only had ‘verbal talks’ about appearing in the play once it returned, and that nothing had been officially signed.
However, the rest of the cast appears to have been locked down, as every person featured in the previews aside from Reid appears to be returning for the new opening on Broadway at Studio 54.
In April, Hammer announced he wouldn’t be returning to The Minutes after he was hit with sexual assault allegations.
‘I have loved every single second of working on The Minutes with the family I made from Steppenwolf,’ he said in a statement. ‘But right now I need to focus on myself and my health for the sake of my family. Consequently, I will not be returning to Broadway with the production.’
Dispute: Sources close to him dispute that he was replaced in the Broadway production of The Minutes, claiming he only had verbal talks about coming back to the role; seen in 2017 in Toronto
Hammer’s troubles began in January of this year, when multiple ex-girlfriends accused him of abuse.
Leaked text messages that were allegedly from the Lone Ranger star appeared to show him discussing dark sexual fantasies involving cannibalism and rape.
The messages, which were never confirmed to be from Hammer, were originally published by the Instagram account House of Effie.
Following the publicity from the disturbing message leaks, Hammer’s former partners Paige Lorenze and Courtney Vucekovich accused him of being physically and emotionally abusive while they were together.
She also accused him of being emotionally manipulative and said he repeatedly spoke of ‘consuming her.’
Dark allegations: DMs allegedly from Hammer that leaked in January appeared to show him discussing cannibalism and rape, and multiple former partners subsequently accused him of abuse; seen in 2019 in Santa Monica
In March, the woman who originally posted the messages to Instagram came forward to accuse Hammer of raping her in a hotel room during their four year relationship.
After the allegations first began to mount in January, Hammer denied them in a statement to DailyMail.com.
‘I’m not responding to these b******* claims but in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for 4 months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic,’ he said as he announced that he was dropping out of Jennifer Lopez’s film Shotgun Wedding.