Adil Ray will be co-hosting Good Morning Britain next week with Kate Garraway amid claims bosses plan to ‘rotate presenters’ after Piers Morgan’s exit.
Piers, 56, famously left ITV’s GMB after saying he ‘didn’t believe a word’ of
Taking to Twitter on Saturday, Adil, who has been a stand-in presenter on GMB since 2018, also revealed he will also be co-hosting with Susanna Reid throughout April.
Co-hosting: Adil Ray will be co-hosting Good Morning Britain next week with Kate Garraway amid claims bosses plan to ‘rotate presenters’ after Piers Morgan’s exit
The broadcaster tweeted: ‘Some news for you….I will be co hosting @gmb throughout the whole of April Mon to Weds, starting this Monday with @kategarraway and with @susannareid100 after the hols.
‘I would love for you to make it your daily wake up if you fancy it! #goodmorningbritain.’
Adil has been a regular stand-in presenter on Good Morning Britain since 2018 and has previously co-hosted the ITV show with both Susanna, 50, and Kate, 53.
Stand-in presenter: Taking to Twitter on Saturday, Adil, who has been a stand-in presenter on GMB since 2018, revealed he will also be co-hosting with Susanna Reid throughout April
Exit: Piers, 56, famously left ITV’s GMB after saying he ‘didn’t believe a word’ of Meghan Markle ‘s account of experiencing racism and other charges against her husband Prince Harry ‘s Royal Family during her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey (pictured with Susanna Reid)
It comes after it was claimed that Susanna is reportedly being lined up as the solo star of Good Morning Britain following
Susanna will allegedly continue her role as host alongside rotating co-stars for the next six months, as bosses rush to ensure she doesn’t follow Piers’ footsteps by quitting.
It’s also been reported that bosses are keen to have Alex Beresford make more regular appearances as
Regular presenter: Adil has been a regular stand-in presenter on Good Morning Britain since 2018 and has previously co-hosted the ITV show with both Susanna, 50, and Kate, 53, pictured
The former BBC Breakfast star will continue to appear alongside regular hosts Ben Shephard and Alex, but bosses haven’t ruled out a long-term replacement for Piers in the future.
Ben took to Instagram last week to reveal that he is busy filming ITV’s Tipping Point and has 175 episodes to film.
He wrote: ‘Arnie wasn’t wrong when he’s said “I’ll be back!” because we are!!! In studio for the new series of @itvtippingpoint – just the 175 eps to film but also the brand new series of Tipping Point starts April 12th 4pm @itv and Lucky Stars on Sunday.
‘Will be heading back to London too to get back to the GMB mega-desk along the way too- one things for certain gonna need more make up! #tippingpoint.’
Currently Susanna also hosts alongside Kate, Charlotte Hawkins and occasionally Adil, and typically takes a break from the show during half-terms and school holidays.
New role: It comes after it was claimed that Susanna is reportedly being lined up as the solo star of Good Morning Britain following Piers ‘ departure from the breakfast show (pictured on Wednesday)
Busy bee: Ben took to Instagram last week to reveal that he is busy filming ITV’s Tipping Point and has 175 episodes to film
Staff have reportedly been reassured that things will carry on as they are until September, when bosses will re-assess the show’s lineup.
A source said: ‘[Susanna] is smart, feisty and opinionated. She may have been Piers’ foil for the past five years, but she’s so much more than this — and now it’s very much a case of The Susanna Show.
‘Alex hasn’t formally applied for Piers’ job, but has made it quietly known he’s more than happy, and able, to step up as a presenter if and when he’s needed.
‘Behind the scenes, Andi is very popular, and polls well with viewers despite, arguably, having the unenviable task of making competitions sound interesting.’
As Wednesday’s episode of the show came to an end, Susanna revealed to stand-in co-host Ranvir Singh that she would be taking ‘a little break over Easter’.
‘A well deserved one, we can say,’ responded Ranvir, likely alluding to the weeks of controversy since Piers’ departure from the show.
Expanded: It’s also been reported that bosses are keen to have weather presenter Alex Beresford make more regular appearances as the main host after he returned last week
MailOnline contacted representatives for ITV, Susanna Reid, Alex Beresford and Andi Peters for comment at the time.
While Piers’ on-air clash with Alex saw GMB land its highest ever ratings on March 9, since then viewership has steadily declined.
The broadcaster announced later that day he had quit the show after saying he ‘didn’t believe a word’ of Meghan’s ‘truth’ on racism and the Royals during her bombshell Oprah interview.
Piers then walked off set after a fierce debate with Alex in which the weather presenter accused Piers of unfairly ‘trashing’ Meghan, 39, and branded him ‘diabolical’.
Career boosts: It’s also thought that competition star Andi Peters could be given an expanded role on the show
Pictured: Susanna pictured on Wednesday’s Good Morning Britain show
When Piers walked off screen, Alex continued: ‘I’m sorry but Piers just spouts off on a regular basis and we have to sit there and listen.’
Piers, who refused to apologise, later announced his resignation and tweeted his thanks to the GMB team, praising them for their ‘hard work and dedication’ that led to them beating their main breakfast TV rival.
And the presenter shared his own reflections on the events of that fateful week in a piece for the Mail On Sunday last weekend.
Piers called Alex ‘GMB’s occasional stand-in weatherman’ and ‘uptight’ in the telling account, adding that the presenter hasn’t messaged him since his exit unlike others on the show.
Plans: Staff have reportedly been told the current presenting lineup, including Ben Shephard alongside Susanna (pictured) will continue until September
Reflecting on their now encounter, Piers said he wasn’t going to sit there and be ‘whacked’ by one of his own team.
He wrote: ‘I don’t mind outside guests trying to make a name for themselves by whacking me like this, but I wasn’t going to sit there and take it from one of my own team, especially someone who I’ve gone out of my way to help whenever he’s asked me for advice about his career.
‘Realising I might say something I’d regret, I decided to leave the studio to cool down.
‘As I walked off, Alex doubled down: “This is pathetic. Absolutely diabolical behaviour. I’m sorry but Piers spouts off on a regular basis and we all have to sit here and listen. From 6.30 to 7am yesterday, it was incredibly hard to watch.
“He has the ability to come in here and talk from a position that he doesn’t fully understand…”‘
Piers continued: ‘I didn’t hear any more of his diatribe, as I was out the door and heading for my dressing room.
Carrying on: Staff have reportedly been reassured that things will carry on as they are until September, when bosses will re-assess the show’s lineup
‘I knew it wasn’t a good look, the great snowflake-basher running away from confrontation. And on reflection, I shouldn’t have done it. But in the heat of the moment, in my rather strained state of mind, this seemed the less worse option.’
Since Piers’ exit from the show he has received messages from several stars, naming Jeremy Clarkson and Bear Grylls, who have said he had a ‘right’ to say his mind.
Sharon Osbourne also voiced her support for Piers during an appearance on The Talk, though she has since parted ways with the CBS show.
During her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan accused the Royal Family of having ‘concerns’ about ‘how dark’ her son Archie’s skin would be before he was born because she is mixed-race and Harry is white.
The Duchess of Sussex also described her ‘pain’ that officials had denied Archie the title of prince and accused Buckingham Palace of failing to protect him by denying him 24/7 security.
At odds: Piers quit GMB on March 9 after a heated on-air clash with Alex about his comments that he ‘didn’t believe a word’ of Meghan’s ‘truth’ on racism
Meghan refused to say which royal had the conversation with Harry about Archie’s skin colour, claiming it would be ‘damaging’ to the person in her husband’s family who raised it.
But Oprah has since revealed Prince Harry asked her to make clear that neither the Queen nor Prince Philip made the remark.
However, Harry’s brother Prince William asserted that the Royal Family is ‘very much not racist’ as he was questioned about the interview during a public engagement.
Prince Harry claimed during the interview that racism drove him and Meghan out of Britain and the Queen was too busy to meet him in a series of unseen clips from his bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview.
The Duke of Sussex accused the Queen of snubbing him after she was allegedly overruled by royal aides when she tried to invite him and Meghan on a trip to Sandringham after they announced they were stepping down.
Defiant: The outspoken TV host quit the daytime series after he insisted he ‘didn’t believe a word’ of her account of suffering suicidal thoughts and experiencing racism
Harry said he received a message from the Queen saying he wanted them to visit ‘the moment you land’, but he later got a message from his private secretary at the time saying the trip had been cancelled.
However, the Archbishop of Canterbury has rejected the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s claim that he married them at a secret ceremony before their Windsor Castle wedding.
Breaking his silence on what the couple told Oprah Winfrey three weeks ago, Justin Welby said he signed Harry and Meghan’s wedding certificate on the day millions watched them marry.
The legal wedding was on Saturday, May 19, 2018 at St George’s Chapel, he said. In her interview, Meghan raised eyebrows when she told Winfrey that she and Harry were married ‘just the two of us in our backyard with the Archbishop of Canterbury’.
But the 65-year-old told an Italian newspaper on Tuesday: ‘The legal wedding was on the Saturday.
He was asked ‘what happened with Meghan and Harry? Did you really marry them three days before the official wedding?’
But then he added: ‘I had a number of private and pastoral meetings with the duke and duchess before the wedding.
‘The legal wedding was on the Saturday. I signed the wedding certificate, which is a legal document, and I would have committed a serious criminal offence if I signed it knowing it was false.
‘So you can make what you like about it. But the legal wedding was on the Saturday. But I won’t say what happened at any other meetings.’
Harry and Meghan, who have now been completely relieved of their royal duties, backtracked on their private ceremony claim in a statement last week.
Wedding: Breaking his silence on what the couple told Oprah Winfrey, Justin Welby said he signed Harry and Meghan’s wedding certificate on the day millions watched them marry
It had drawn heavy suspicion, partly because a legal marriage in the UK requires two witnesses.
A spokesman for the couple told US website the Daily Beast: ‘The couple exchanged personal vows a few days before their official/legal wedding on May 19.’
A backyard exchange of vows is not a marriage. Despite this, Harry chipped in during the Oprah interview, adding it was ‘just the three of us’.
The Archbishop’s comments this week, while not categorically denying a private ceremony, quash any doubts about when and where the couple legally tied the knot.
Previously, he had declined to speak out as pressure grew on him to debunk the claim.
Bombshell: Prince Harry and Meghan spoke with Oprah Winfrey last month and made shocking claims about racism and their negative treatment from the Royal Family