Kate Middleton’s mother Carole has asked the publishers [of Good Housekeeping magazine] not to promote a cover interview with her over fears it will look ‘insensitive’ while Prince Philip is battling ill-health in hospital.
Carole Middleton, who runs party supply company Party Pieces, interviewed with the magazine in January but has reportedly asked its publishers not to promote it as Prince Philip, 99, is still in hospital.
The news comes ahead of a ‘tell-all’ interview with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Oprah Winfrey which is set to air in the UK on Monday night, despite criticism of its timing.
Kate Middleton’s mother Carole turned down publicity for an interview in Good Housekeeping magazine because she did not want to be ‘insensitive’ while Prince Philip, 99, was in hospital
A source told the
‘But whilst backing the business, she didn’t want to turn any news into a media circus because she is so respectful and sensitive to Catherine, and the royal family.
‘She always gets William’s go-ahead before any interview like this, and he is incredibly supportive.
‘But the more the PR machine rolled out in Los Angeles with Meghan and Harry, the more sensitive Carole became.
‘She decided she didn’t want to do any PR for the interview – even if it cost her thousands in potential lost marketing.’
In the interview, which features in the April issue and is out now, Carole shares insights into her company Party Pieces as well as her family life.
Respectful: Carole Middleton, pictured on the cover of Good Housekeeping, discusses her business and family life in the interview which features in the April issue and is out now
She appears on the cover of the magazine wearing a £375 Seventies-inspired floral print dress from Wyse London, befitting the arrival of spring.
Yesterday, Camilla revealed Prince Philip is ‘slightly improving’ in hospital where he is being treated.
The Duke is beginning his third full day at a specialist cardiac centre at St Bart’s after 14 days at nearby by King Edward VII hospital due to an infection.
Visiting a vaccination centre in Croydon yesterday the Duchess of Cornwall – his daughter-in-law – gave an update on his condition.
She said he was ‘slightly improving’, before adding everyone was ‘keeping our fingers crossed’.
Details of the comments were revealed by broadcasters covering Camilla’s visit.
The Queen is unlikely to be able to see Prince Philip (pictured together previously) until he leaves hospital due to Covid regulations
The update was revealed by Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, at St Paul’s Church in Croydon
The Duchess donned a smart baby pink woollen jacket and long black suede boots for the occasion, taking full safety precautions with social distancing and a disposable face covering for today’s visit.
She styled her hair with its signature waves to complete the look and appeared to be wearing very subtle make-up.
Philip, 99, is currently receiving continuing treatment for an infection, as well as ‘testing and observation’ for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace has said.
The Queen, who is being kept regularly updated about her husband’s condition, will not be permitted to visit him at St Bart’s and is thought to be unlikely to see him until he leaves.
This is because visitors are currently excluded apart from a handful of ‘exceptional’ circumstances, including end of life.
She did not visit him at King Edward VII’s Hospital as she is always reluctant to cause disruption to any hospital’s vital work and knows her presence would place unnecessary pressure on staff at the best of times.
It means the Queen will have been parted from her husband of 73 years for at least three weeks.
St Bart’s said while they know it is difficult for patients and their families ‘our first duty is to the patients we serve, and to maintain their safety at all times we need to control visiting’.
The Queen, who is being kept regularly updated about her husband’s condition, will not be permitted to visit him at St Bart’s and is thought to be unlikely to see him until he leaves
It adds: ‘We are only allowing visitors in exceptional circumstances. We understand that having a family member in hospital is distressing, and we work closely with relatives and friends to ease their concerns and find alternative ways of keeping in touch.’
Buckingham Palace announced on Monday that Philip had been transferred to St Bart’s for continuing treatment for an infection, as well as ‘testing and observation’ for a pre-existing heart condition.
Although he remains comfortable and responding to treatment, they said, he will remain in hospital until at least the end of the week.
This is the longest amount of time he has spent in hospital since June 2013 when he had an exploratory operation on his abdomen.
Members of the Royal Family had recently been speaking out about his stay for treatment.
His son Prince Edward said last week Philip was ‘a lot better’ but ‘looking forward to getting out’ with the
He replied: ‘He’s a lot better, thank you very much indeed, and he’s looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing, so we keep our fingers crossed.’
Tips to Find Low Priced Luxury Holiday Package Deals Fast