YouTube has temporarily blocked
It is the latest platform to silence Trump since last week’s riot on the Capitol. Big tech and big business, along with countless politicians, say Trump is to blame for inciting the riot by whipping up a crowd beforehand.
He insists he did nothing to drive them to violence.
YouTube will not specify which of Trump’s remarks broke their rules. They would only say that the offending statement incited violence.
Among his remarks at the event on Tuesday was that it was the ‘impeachment hoax’ that is causing ‘tremendous anger’.
‘The 25th Amendment is of zero risk to me but will come back to haunt Joe Biden and the Biden administration. As the expression goes: Be careful what you wish for.
‘The impeachment hoax is a continuation of the greatest and most vicious witch hunt in the history of our country, and it is causing tremendous anger and division and pain – far greater than most people will ever understand, which is very dangerous for the USA, especially at this very tender time,’ he said.
Lawmakers will vote on Wednesday on invoking the 25th Amendment to impeach Trump.
The decision by YouTube fuels the ongoing war between Trump and his fans and big tech. He has been banned by Twitter, Facebook and Instagram already. His fans say he is being censored by left-leaning Silicon Valley.
Trump on Tuesday spoke in Alamo, Texas, where he said the ‘impeachment hoax’ was causing ‘tremendous anger’ and told Democrats: ‘Be careful what you wish for’. He then uploaded a video of the speech to YouTube. That is what led to him being suspended
Donald Trump on Tuesday night had his YouTube channel blocked for seven days
Trump, pictured returning to the White House on Tuesday night, cannot access the page
YouTube says the temporary block, lasting seven days, was as a result of the ‘first strike’.
If a channel receives a second strike within 90 days it will be suspended for two weeks; a third strike results in a permanent ban.
‘After review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J. Trump’s channel for violating our policies,’ the company said.
‘It now has its 1st strike & is temporarily prevented from uploading new content for a *minimum* of 7 days.’
In addition, comments were permanently disabled under his videos.
‘Given the ongoing concerns about violence, we will also be indefinitely disabling comments on President Trump’s channel, as we’ve done to other channels where there are safety concerns found in the comments section,’ they said.
YouTube’s action came after the president’s accounts were shut down by Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch and others citing the risk of inciting violence from his posts.
The moves were made following his incendiary rhetoric encouraging and supporting the insurrectionist mob that occupied the U.S. Capitol on January 6 in a deadly clash with police.
Last Wednesday, YouTube removed Trump’s video post to rioters in which the president told them to ‘go home’ and said that ‘We love you, you’re very special.’
Eric Trump, the president’s son, on Tuesday said that his father was a victim of ‘cancel culture’, but the social media giants insist their actions are necessary to prevent further bloodshed.
The mob overran the Capitol Police shortly after Trump urged them to ‘fight’ on his behalf
On Monday Sheryl Sandberg, the chief operating officer, said they had no plans to lift Trump’s ban from their platform. He will remain cut off until at least the inauguration, and likely beyond.
YouTube has been taking down content since Wednesday’s violent unrest, which cost the lives of four rioters and a member of the Capitol Police.
ELON MUSK DEFENDS TRUMP AS DON JR ASKS HIM TO SET UP HIS OWN TWITTER
Elon Musk fumed at big tech on Tuesday after Amazon removed Parler, the site favored by Trump fans, from the internet.
Musk said Silicon Valley had become the ‘de facto arbiter of free speech’ and that it had no right to rule over political discourse as it has done for years.
Before Wednesday’s riot, Trump had already been flagged and censored by Facebook and Twitter multiple times.
He has now been banned from the sites.
As Musk spoke out in his defense, Don Jr. urged him to set up his own social media website to go against the left-leaning titans.
‘Why doesn’t Elon Musk create a social media platform? This guy put manned people into space. He did so privately.
‘He took on big government and did it better, cheaper, faster than they ever could. This is the guy to do it.
‘Someone like him has the brilliance to come up with something that blows Twitter away,’ Don Jr. said.
The YouTube account for Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast was taken down Friday for violating the platform’s Terms of Service.
A Friday evening search for the podcast brought up an error message reading: ‘This page isn’t available. Sorry about that. Try searching for something else.’
YouTube had warned earlier in the week that it would ban accounts that continued to spread misinformation about voter fraud.
He pointed the blame for the attack, which sent lawmakers fleeing for their lives, on ‘the fascists now running the Democrat Party’.
He also continued to push unfounded claims of voter fraud despite Trump’s own administration saying the election was legally conducted and done fairly and Congress certifying the Electoral College votes in the early hours of Thursday.
‘Most of them hadn’t come there with implements to do it and also led on by people from, you know, groups that are experts at it. Believe me, Trump people were not scaling the wall. So there’s nothing to it that he incited anything,’ said Giuliani of the rioters, who senior Democrats have labeled ‘domestic terrorists’.
Instead, Giuliani pointed the blame to the Democrats who he said ‘imposed censorship’ on Trump’s supporters. He did not back up this claim with any reasoning.
‘And also there’s equal if not more responsibility on the fascists who now running the Democrat Party, who have imposed censorship on these people, who have been singling them out for unfair treatment since the IRS started going after conservative groups,’ he said.
‘The media may deny it, but those people know it. They know their freedom of religion is being taken away. They know their freedom of speech is virtually decimated.’
‘And then they have phonies get up and say there’s no fraud.
‘It’s like hearing someone saying they didn’t rob your home and they did rob your home and they took all your belongings. So are they angry? Of course they’re angry.’
Giuliani said that it was a ‘credit’ to anyone who was not violent and, despite the mob being supporters of the president, pushed the blame for their actions onto the opposition party.
‘They’re very, very angry. And I think in light of that, the mere fact that 99.9 percent of them did nothing but act appropriately is a credit to them,’ he said.
‘The responsibility here has to be put also on the left, who has conducted a reign of terror all this year.
‘So a lot of responsibility comes from the people that are imposing the suppression. It’s like the kind of thing that happens in a government where people are suppressed; they rise up.’
Giuliani even went as far as to suggest he was aware that Wednesday would turn violent saying he found it ‘surprising’ that there were ‘so few people’ storming the Capitol building.
‘And given that, it was quite surprising to me that it was so few people, that the consequences were terrible,’ he told Bannon.
Steve Bannon’s podcast has been removed from YouTube just hours after Rudy Giuliani appeared on the show blaming the MAGA mob riot that left five dead on the Democrats for ‘censoring and suppressing’ Trump supporters
A Friday evening search for the podcast brought up an error message reading: ‘This page isn’t available. Sorry about that. Try searching for something else’
Giuliani, Donald Trump ‘s personal attorney and the man who spearheaded his failed legal battle to overturn the presidential election, had appeared on the show earlier Friday where he defended Wednesday’s rioters who stormed the US Capitol
EVERYONE WHO HAS CANCELED TRUMP OVER MAGA RIOT
Deutsche Bank, Signature Bank and the Professional Bank of Florida – which gave Trump an $11million loan in 2018 to buy his sister’s home in Palm Beach.
The loan has a 4.5 percent interest rate and expires in 2048. He also has between $5million and $25million with them in a revocable trust.
Deutsche Bank was the first to cut ties after years of controversial dealings. It was Deutsche Bank that continued giving Trump loans in the 1980s and 1990s as others cut him off.
Signature Bank in New York followed suit.
Citigroup has also paused all political donations until March.
‘We want you to be assured that we will not support candidates who do not respect the rule of law,’ Candi Wolff, the bank’s head of government affairs, wrote in an internal memo.
Visa, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, Bank of America and Wells Fargo have all suspended donations through their PACS.
Social media giants Facebook and Twitter have been censoring Trump throughout his presidency whenever they say he breaches their rules.
In the past, they have merely flagged his tweets or posts as fake or accused him of spreading misinformation.
After the riot last week, they blocked his accounts.
Facebook says it stands by the decision not to let him use either his Facebook page or Instagram page indefinitely.
Twitter – which Trump used to communicate with his followers – says it has permanently banned him.
YouTube has also now suspended his account for a week.
Parler, the website where many of his supporters openly discussed their plot to storm the Capitol, was scrubbed from Amazon Web Services which in essence, banished it from the internet.
Parler sued Amazon for anti-trust violations. Amazon hit back, accusing the website of inciting violent behavior.
Businesses that have suspended political contributions in response to the riot include;
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Best Buy
- Marriott International
The New York State Bar Association is also investigating whether to strip Rudy Giuliani of his ability to practice the law after he appeared at the rally which preceded the riot last Wednesday.
The PGA has canceled plans to host its 2022 tournament at Trump’s Bedminster New Jersey club.
‘It’s become clear that conducting the PGA championship at Trump Bedminster would be detrimental to the PGA of America brand,’ PGA President Jim Richerson said.
The Trump Organization raged against the move, calling it a ‘disappointing decision’.
‘This is a breach of a binding contract and they have no right to terminate the agreement,’ the organization said in a statement.
The British Open golf championship is no longer being held at Trump Turnberry in Scotland.
Bryson DeChambeau also got rid of the Trump logo that was on his bag.
New York City
Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Wednesday that the city of New York would no longer do business with Trump or the Trump Organization.
He is ending the city’s 30-year-old contracts with the Trump Organization to manage the Wollman and Laserk skating rinks in Central Park, and the Central Park carousel.
He is also ending the city’s contract with the organization for Trump’s golf course in the Bronx, Trump Links Ferry Point.
Eric Trump retaliated, saying de Blasio has no right to end the contracts and that the city will owe them $30million if he does.
‘And there were no doubt that there were professionals and activists that were helping to make it worse.’
Giuliani’s defense of the mob that desecrated the US Capitol and his denial of Trump’s role in egging it on comes as the Washington
Less than two hours before hundreds of Trump supporters stormed the capitol Wednesday, Giuliani took to the stage at Trump’s rally and urged demonstrators to pursue a ‘trial by combat’.
DC AG Karl Racine told
‘The real question is how far up does it go? Clearly the Capitol was ground central in all of this mob’s behavior,’ he said.
‘Donald Trump Jr, Giuliani, even the president of the United States were calling on their supporters and hate groups to go to the Capitol and in the words of Rudy Giuliani ‘exercise combat justice’.
‘We’re going to investigate not only the mobsters but also those who invited the violence,’ he said.
On Friday night, Twitter announced it had permanently banned Trump’s account due to the risk of ‘further incitement to violence’.
‘After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence,’ the company wrote.
Earlier on Friday, former national security adviser Michael Flynn and attorney Sidney Powell – two Trump loyalists – were also permanently banned by Twitter.
Discord also announced Friday that it had banned the server The Donald which was connected the TheDonald dot Win and the Donald subreddit.
Facebook and Instagram had already banned the president’s account ‘at least’ until his term is over on January 20, if not indefinitely.