A Cheshire schoolboy with a nut allergy and severe asthma died suddenly on
Cason Hallwood, 12, collapsed at Wharton Recreation Ground last Friday in front of his friends after he had enjoyed Christmas dinner with his mother, three brothers and his grandparents.
He was taken to hospital, but died shortly after. Doctors believe the youngster, who suffered with asthma and a nut allergy, suffered an anaphylactic shock, although a post-mortem is yet to take place.
Family friend Sam Decruz said: ‘It’s something no parent should ever have to go through. On any day, let alone Christmas Day.’
Cason Hallwood, 12, died on Christmas Day after suffering a suspected anaphylactic shock while at the park with friends
Cason (second right) had opened his presents and eaten Christmas dinner with his mother Louise and three brothers (all pictured together) before heading out to play at Wharton Recreation Ground in Cheshire
Illnesses meant the youngster had been forced to spend previous Christmases in hospital, but appeared fit and healthy last week.
While at the park with his friends, he began to struggle breathing and called his mother, Louise Hallwood, for help.
After running to his aid and administering a shot from his epinephrine auto-injector, his desperate mother phoned for an ambulance.
Cason, the youngest of four brothers, was rushed to Leighton Hospital in Crewe but sadly died a short time later.
A GoFundMe page in Cason’s memory has raised more than £8,000.
Setting up the page on Sunday, Ms Decruz wrote: ‘As a parent myself, I cannot comprehend the pain that Louise and her three other sons Cowen, Corley and Caiden are feeling right know.
A fundraising page set up in Cason’s memory has raised more than £8,000. Family friend Sam Decruz said: ‘As a parent myself, I cannot comprehend the pain that Louise and her three other sons Cowen, Corley and Caiden are feeling right know’
‘Louise lives and breathes for her babies, and always put them before herself,
‘He was the life and soul of his family’s life especially his mum Louise’s. He sure kept her on her toes.
‘He was her baby of the bunch, so he always got away with murder. He made his mum laugh cry and most importantly he adored her. They was never far apart. Best friends.
‘Cason was a handsome whirlwind, and no day was ever the same as the next with him. So to come to know that he’s sadly passed away has hit a lot of people hard.’
The youngest of four brothers, Cason was described as the ‘baby of the bunch’. While illness usually meant he spent Christmas Day in hospital, this year the youngster awoke feeling healthy. Despite the best efforts of his mother and paramedics, Cason died at Leighton Hospital in Crewe
Ms Decruz told
Thanking the public for their donations, Ms Decruz added: ‘On behalf of Cason’s family. They would all like to say a massive heartfelt thank you. To everyone who’s shown nothing but love kindness and support. In there time of need.
‘Louise is humbled and overwhelmed with the love shown.’