Louis Tomlinson has been forced to cancel his UK tour amid the coronavirus outbreak, telling fans to ‘look after themselves’.
The singer, 28, is currently on a world tour, with his next two dates scheduled to be at London’s Roundhouse from March 23.
It follows the cancellation of his European Tour dates, several of them in the worst affected areas of Italy.
Rescheduled: Louis Tomlinson, 28, has been forced to cancel his UK tour amid the coronavirus outbreak, telling fans to ‘look after themselves’.
Posting on social media, Louis said: ‘I’m sad to say we have made the decision to reschedule my UK tour that was due to start next week.
‘We are working with the promoter and venues to make new plans as soon as possible, but these things are taking a little longer at the moment.
Break: Posting on social media, Louis said: ‘I’m sad to say we have made the decision to reschedule my UK tour that was due to start next week
‘We will be announcing new dates very soon. Look after yourselves. Louis x.’
The five newly postponed shows, which had all sold out, also included stops in Glasgow, Doncaster and Manchester, lasting until March 28.
He also has dates later in year in the United States, Mexico and South America.
UK tour: The five newly postponed shows, which had all sold out, also included stops in Glasgow, Doncaster and Manchester, lasting until March 28
The singer, 28, announced via Instagram on Thursday that his shows in
Lamenting his current situation, the former
Upset: Lamenting his predicament, the former One Direction star wrote: ‘After two incredible shows so far the rest of my mainland European tour shows have been rescheduled to August’
Gushing to his fans, he added: ‘I can’t wait to see you all soon. Louis x’
His announcement comes after having to postpone a scheduled show in Milan as he would put his fans’ ‘health and safety’ first due to fears the performance in Fabrique could leave swathes of people infected.
The sold out concert, on March 11, is the third date on his Walls World Tour, which kicks off in Barcelona on Monday, and goes right through until August.
New dates: The singer announced via Instagram on Thursday that his shows in Berlin, Paris, Stockholm and Amsterdam had been rescheduled in wake of recent news
The London premiere for Disney’s live-action remake of Mulan, which is set to take place on Thursday, was downscaled in response to coronavirus.
While the cast of the hotly-anticipated film, including lead star Yifei Liu are expected to attend, it was revealed that there would no longer be a red carpet.
And BAFTA’s Games Awards have also changed format in the wake of the pandemic, so that instead of a red carpet the events will now be broadcast globally with an online live stream.
BAFTA confirmed that there would also no longer be a live audience at the event, which was set to take place on April 24 and May 17 respectively.
In a statement, the company said: ‘The health and wellbeing of our guests and our staff remain our top priority, so there will be no live audience and we are now in the process of informing all our nominees, guests, partners and suppliers of the change.’
Changes: The London premiere for Disney’s live-action remake of Mulan, which is set to take place on Thursday, was downscaled in response to coronavirus
Joey Essex also confirmed on Twitter that Reality Con will no longer be taking place, and has been postponed until 2021.
Sharing an official statement to his social media, the TOWIE star’s post informed fans that they would be entitled to a refund, or they could exchange their ticket for the new event when the date was announced.
The statement added: ‘We appreciate that this is disappointing for everyone who was looking forward to attending, however our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our guests.’
Not going ahead: Joey Essex also confirmed on Twitter that Reality Con will no longer be taking place, and has been postponed until 2021
It was also reported by
It was reported by the publication that the event was called off indefinitely, and they claimed the stars had been informed by email that the event was not going ahead.
Claim: It was reported that the launch party for Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick’s (pictured in February) film Trolls World Tour was cancelled, however a source denied this and told MailOnline that ‘there was never an event or premiere planned’
Louis is not the first star to have tour dates impacted by coronavirus, as Ozzy Osbourne and Yungblud announced they were cancelling their public appearances on Friday.
The Black Sabbath singer, 71, joined Facebook, Netflix and Apple in cancelling plans to appear at the South by Southwest conference.
The rock icon withdrew from the event in Austin, Texas, where he was due to support the world premiere screening of Biography: The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osbourne, which is scheduled to run from March 13 until 22.
A representative explained: ‘Following recent cancellations by major corporations, artists, record companies and studios because of the ongoing threat of the coronavirus, Ozzy Osbourne has likewise decided to cancel his upcoming appearance at SXSW.’
Announcement: Louis is not the first star to have tour dates impacted by coronavirus, as Ozzy Osbourne decided earlier this month to cancel his upcoming appearance at SXSW
Yungblud, meanwhile, has postponed the Asia leg of his ongoing world tour that will take him to South America, the United States and Europe.
The singer, 22 – whose real name is Dominic Harrison – was due to play in South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Singapore later this month, but has pulled out after being advised about ‘travel risks’ started by the virus.
Speaking on his Instagram Stories, he said: ‘I’m going to have to cancel this Asia tour, because we’ve been advised about travel risks, in terms of coronavirus.
‘At first I was going to say, “F**k it” and come, but we have been advised again to seriously not.’
Unfortunate: Yungblud, meanwhile, has postponed the Asia leg of his ongoing world tour that will take him to South America, the United States and Europe
But the Tongue Tied hitmaker promised fans he will be back in Asia to play some dates ‘so soon’.
He added: ‘I just wanted to send a message just to say I’m really thinking about you all a lot and I want to send all my love and I hope everyone is safe, and I hope everyone is trying their best to be as positive as they can.
‘I love you so much and I will be back so soon, I promise. I swear to God I’m going to get out there as soon as I can.’
Little Mix were also forced to scrap a proposed video shoot in South America amid growing concerns over the coronavirus epidemic.
A change of plans: Little Mix were also forced to scrap a proposed video shoot in South America amid growing concerns over the coronavirus epidemic
The group had planned to film a video for the lead single of their forthcoming sixth album, but the production team were reluctant to make the 8,800 mile journey after fearing they might be quarantined upon their return to the UK.
With their original plans postponed, the group flew to Brazil alone for a performance at São Paulo’s GRLS festival on Sunday evening – but took to the stage without Perrie Edwards.
A music insider told
Already postponed: British rapper Stormzy is one artist who has already announced he would postpone the Asia leg of his world tour this month
‘But they obviously couldn’t shoot anything without a crew so it was cancelled a week before they went out there.
‘They are looking into different locations and schedules to make sure they can get brilliant visuals for their new single.
‘They will be filming it somewhere else once Perrie is feeling better and the other girls have returned from Brazil. But they know they are up against the clock to make sure it is all done in time.’
It comes as several countries have placed travel restrictions and limits on large gatherings that have led to the likes of Stormzy, Avril Lavigne, and Slipknot to postpone shows.
Cancelled… for now: Heavy metal band Slipknot also saddened fans by postponing their upcoming tour in Asia over coronavirus fears
Announced: The group posted a statement on social media on Thursday to apologise for the change in schedule as a direct result of the outbreak
Earlier this month, heavy metal band Slipknot released a statement saying effected shows include their own two-day Knotfest festival in Tokyo,
The group posted a statement on social media on Thursday which read: ‘In light of global health concerns, Slipknot have decided to postpone their upcoming Asian tour, including Knotfest Japan.
‘While decisions like this are not easy, the safety and well-being of the band’s fans always comes first.
‘Furthermore in this case, the bands and artists, crew and local employees are also equally effected, and as such, this was the only responsible decision that could be made.
‘Slipknot and Knotfest will both return to Asia very soon, and at such time that everyone can be ensured of the best experience possible.’
How many more? American R&B singer Khalid is one of the artists to have dropped their Asian gigs as Glastonbury’s 50th anniversary festival in June also hangs in the balance
‘Aloha Hawaii’: Mariah Carey also axed shows in Hawaii next week despite no confirmed cases in the US Pacific island state
The organisers of Knotfest also released a statement a short time later that offered ticket holders a full refund but insisted that they were working to find alternative dates.
American R&B singer and songwriter Khalid, K-Pop sensations BTS, US rock band Green Day and Canadian-French singer Avril Lavigne have also all cancelled dates in Asia.
Similarly, BRIT Award winner Mabel has cancelled the Italian leg of her tour of the coronavirus-hit nation.
And Mariah Carey cancelled her shows in Hawaii next week after blaming ‘international travel restrictions’ for pushing the concert back to November – despite no confirmed cases in the US Pacific island state.
As well as cancelling dates in Asia, Avril Lavigne released a statement on Thursday, in which she revealed that she would no longer be taking her tour to Europe the UK.
She shared on Twitter: ‘As you all are aware, governments across Europe have continued to impose restrictions banning large public gatherings because of the continued spread of the coronavirus.
‘Now the United States of America has implemented its own travel ban. With these restrictions in place it means I am no longer able to bring the Head Above Water Tour to Europe and the United Kingdom. And it sucks!
‘I have been looking forward to this tour for so long…I want to come back and rock out with you at another time when you everyone can enjoy the shows without worry. Sending you all so much love.’
There are currently fears that Glastonbury’s 50th anniversary festival in June could be at risk of being axed as cultural events around the globe continue to be called off.
Everything you need to know about coronavirus
By Natalie Rahhal, Acting US Health Editor for DailyMail.com
HOW DANGEROUS IS CORONAVIRUS?
About 14 percent of people who contract the Covid-19 coronavirus are taken to hospital – with severe symptoms including breathing problems and pneumonia. About 5 per cent need intensive care.
But the majority who get the virus suffer nothing more than a cough and may never know they are infected.
So far, some 51,000 people around the world have already recovered from coronavirus – and that just includes the numbers who received a diagnosis.
HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE?
Officially, the death rate so far has been just over three percent. But experts believe the true mortality rate is probably between one and two percent. This is because most mild cases have not been picked up by doctors or reflected in the official numbers – so the death rate is inflated.
HOW DOES THIS COMPARE WITH OTHER DISEASES?
Seasonal flu kills roughly 0.1 percent of people. So Covid-19 is between 10 and 20 times more fatal.
But it is far less dangerous than SARS – the virus that ripped across China in 2003 – which killed 10 percent of patients.
BUT DOESN’T CORONAVIRUS SPREAD MORE EASILY?
Yes, but not dramatically. The best estimates suggest every person with Covid-19 passes it on to 2.6 people, on average. For flu that number is 1.5.
CAN IT BE SPREAD WITHOUT SYMPTOMS?
Initially scientists feared carriers who had no symptoms could pass it on. That is now in doubt.
What is likely, however, is those who have mild symptoms are putting it down to a cold and going about their normal lives – which puts others at risk.
HOW LONG IS IT BEFORE SYMPTOMS APPEAR?
Again, unclear. Initially scientists said this could take up to two weeks.
But recent evidence suggests the incubation period could be as long as a month – particularly among children.
The average, however, is much shorter. A Chinese study said the average period of symptom onset was 5.4 days for adults and 6.5 for children.
WHO IS AT RISK?
The virus can affect anyone – with a study of the first 41 infected people revealing two thirds did not suffer from any pre-existing condition. But the middle-aged are most likely to get it – 78 percent of those infected in China have been aged 30 to 69.
WHAT ABOUT THE OLD?
Only 3 percent of people infected so far have been over 80 – but if they get it they are more vulnerable. Analysis of 72,000 cases in China suggests for over-80s the death rate is 15 percent. For those in their 70s the death rate is 8 percent and for those in their 60s, 4 percent.
WHO ELSE IS VULNERABLE?
Those with other conditions – such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and kidney problems – are likely to suffer severe complications if they become infected.
WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN?
Children seem to be low-risk. Less than 1 percent of the Chinese cases have been under the age of ten – and if children do get the virus it’s often a mild form.
They do, however, retain the virus for longer than adults.
A study last week found the virus was still present in the stools of some children for a month after they contracted it.
DOES GENDER MATTER?
Men are marginally more likely to get the virus than women. It is not clear why this is.
HOW DO DOCTORS TEST FOR COVID-19?
Anyone who has symptoms –particularly if they have travelled to an at-risk area – are told to call ahead to their health care provider, local emergency department or clinics.
This way, health care providers can be prepared, wearing masks, gloves and other personal protective equipment when they meet the possible patient and escort them to isolated areas of the facility.
They are tested using a cheek swab which is sent off for analysis at one of 12 Public Health England labs, a process that takes between 24 and 48 hours. Any positive test is double-checked at the main PHE lab in Colindale.
WHAT TREATMENT DO PATIENTS GET?
There is little doctors can do to tackle the virus, but they can treat the symptoms – such as fever and respiratory problems. Antivirals and antibiotics are also used, mainly to keep secondary problems at bay.
In the most serious cases patients are put on life-support equipment.
There are several clinical trials for potential coronavirus treatments ongoing worldwide, including one in Nebraska, where at least 13 patients are in quarantine, including two in biocontainment units.
WHAT ABOUT A VACCINE?
Even though the Wuhan virus appeared only a few weeks ago, 20 teams around the world are already manufacturing vaccines.
Chinese authorities provided the DNA code for the virus early on in the outbreak, enabling scientists to get to work straight away.
At least 30 companies and research institutions in the US are racing to make a vaccine.
Last week, one of these companies, Moderna, shipped its candidate vaccine to the US, signalling the shot was ready to begin clinical trials.
Even so, US health authorities say it will likely be upwards of a year before a vaccine is actually ready.