One lucky UK ticket-holder has scooped the entire £40 million EuroMillions jackpot this evening – making them richer than singer
Millionaire Maker Selection – one UK millionaire has been created: VRTL46314.
Tonight’s National Lottery EuroMillions winning numbers are: 32, 31, 38, 18, 48. The Lucky Stars are: 12, 04
The win would put the winner’s wealth higher than former One Direction star Zayn Malik’s estimated wealth
The winner will take home £40,957,696.60.
It means one fortunate individual has bagged themselves a life-changing sum of money, just weeks after Steve and Lenka Thompson won a incredible £105 million.
Self-employed Steve Thomson 42, and his wife Lenka, 41, from Selsey in West Sussex, have become the ninth-biggest winner in the history of the
Andy Carter, senior winners’ adviser at The National Lottery, said: ‘One very lucky UK ticket-holder has scooped tonight’s entire £40 million EuroMillions jackpot.
‘This massive win follows hot on the heels of Steve and Lenka Thomson, who won an incredible £105 million last month.
‘Tonight’s big winner has scooped the seventh EuroMillions jackpot banked in the UK this year.’
Who is the biggest ever UK lottery winner? Two couples and a former car mechanic top list
Here are the ten previous UK winners of the EuroMillions draw so far
1. A UK ticket-holder won the £170 million EuroMillions jackpot in October, making them the UK’s biggest winner. They chose to remain anonymous.
2. In July 2011, Colin and Chris Weir became Europe’s biggest lottery winners when they scooped more than £161million.
The couple, who have been married for 30 years, said they were ‘not scared’ of the wealth because they were going to have ‘so much fun’ with the money.
The pair, a retired TV cameraman and a retired psychiatric nurse, from Largs, in Ayrshire, said their children Carly, a photography student, and Jamie, a call centre worker, would be bought their own homes and cars.
The family made a £1million donation to the SNP shortly after winning.
Colin and Chris Weir became Europe’s biggest lottery winners when they scooped more than £161million in 2011
3. Adrian and Gillian Bayford, from Suffolk, took home more than £148 million in August 2012.
The marriage ended just 15 months into their new jackpot winning lives, citing the stress of the money as the reason they needed to split.
At the time, a spokesman for Mrs Bayford said: ‘Gillian Bayford confirms that her marriage to Adrian has broken down irretrievably and they have separated.’
It came after Mrs Bayford was forced to deny she had an affair with the couple’s gardener, Chris Tovey.
Adrian and Gillian Bayford, from Suffolk, took home more than £148 million in August 2012
4. An anonymous ticket-holder took home £123m in July
5. Patrick and Frances Connolly from County Armagh scooped the entire £115million EuroMillions jackpot on New Year’s Day 2019
6. An unnamed ticket-holder claimed just over £113million in October 2010, and chose not go public.
7. Neil Trotter, from south London, won nearly £108million, going from former car mechanic to multimillionaire in March 2014.
Neighbours in Croydon described he and partner Nicky Ottaway moved out ‘almost overnight’ after they scooped the EuroMillions jackpot last March.
Mr Trotter admitted at the time that he was like his namesake, Del Boy Trotter from Only Fools And Horses.
Neil Trotter, with partner Nicky Ottaway, won nearly £108million, going from former car mechanic to multimillionaire in March 2014
8. A couple from Cambridgeshire, Dave and Angela Dawes, won more than £101million on their third go on the EuroMillions draw in October 2011.
Mr Dawes said he ‘didn’t sleep a wink’ the night of the win, as it was too late to call Camelot after the couple checked their numbers.
Last year, the couple were taken to court by his son, an Afghanistan veteran, Michael Dawes, 32, who said he was ‘ungenerous in spirit’.
But a judge ruled the millionaire father does not need to keep bailing out his son, who burnt through £1.6million in two years, and came back for more, failing to heed his stepmother’s advice to stop eating at the Ritz and go to McDonald’s instead.
Cheers to that! Steve and Lenka Thomson pose with their life-changing cheque
9. Self-employed builder Steve Thomson, 42, and his wife Lenka, 41, from Selsey, West Sussex, are named as the winners of the £105 million EuroMillions jackpot.
10. A UK winner got a £93 million payout in June 2015, but decided to remain anonymous.
Dave and Angela Dawes won more than £101million on their third go on the EuroMillions draw in October 2011
11. The Davies from Wales family won £61million on the EuroMillions in 2016
Stephanie Davies, 23 is said to have ‘reluctantly’ purchased the ticket at the time after her mother Sonia called her from Florida begging her to go out and buy one.
Keith Reynolds, Sonia Davies, Stephanie, Courtney Davies and Steve Powell all scooped money on the jackpot and said they were the ‘luckiest people’ on the planet to have won.
12. Single mother Bev Doran from Shipley wins £14million in 2017
After Bev won the prize it meant she was able to buy her dream home for her and her family.
Bev, who is a carer for her two children who have autism had previously lived in a council house before her win.