Singer Aaron Carter said he is done with his brother Nick after the Backstreet Boys singer obtained a restraining order against him on Tuesday, claiming Aaron openly fantasized about killing his wife and unborn child.
‘So my brother just got a a restraining order against me. And I was just served lol,’ Carter, 31, tweeted Tuesday, adding he hasn’t seen Nick in four years and doesn’t intend to in the future. ‘Take care. @nickcarter we’re done for life.’
The latest: Singer Aaron Carter, 31, said he was done with his brother Nick, 39, after the Backstreet Boys singer obtained a restraining order against him on Tuesday, claiming Aaron openly fantasized about killing his wife and unborn child
Nick, 39, on Tuesday took to Twitter with a message about the legal move he made, and his rationale for doing so.
‘After careful consideration, my sister Angel and I regret that we were required to seek a restraining order against our brother Aaron today,’ Nick wrote, saying that the move was done ‘in light of Aaron’s increasingly alarming behavior and his recent confession that he harbors thoughts and intentions of killing my pregnant wife and unborn child.’
He said he and his sister ‘were left with no choice … but to take every measure possible to protect ourselves and our family.’
Nick said that he loves his brother and ‘truly hopes he gets the proper treatment he needs before any harm comes to himself or anyone else,’ adding the topical hashtags #mentalhealth, #guncontrolnow and #guncontrol to the end of the post.
Armed: Aaron was snapped toting a rifle in his native Lancaster, California earlier this month
Strong statement: Nick opened up about the legal maneuver, citing the ongoing national discussion about gun control
Aaron denied the accusations and said they were a larger part of a family scheme to have authorities hold him on mental health concerns.
‘I am astounded at the accusations being made against me and I do not wish harm to anyone, especially my family,’ the St. Petersburg, Florida native said. ‘I never threatened anyone. I’m appalled by this and don’t ever wish to speak to them again.’
The Sooner or Later singer made clear he’s looking to sever ties with his relatives amid the discord.
‘All I ask is for my family to leave me alone. This is blood. Not love,’ Aaron said. ‘I will never be around you and I don’t want to be around you. I am the one who said I’m done then you send me this!? Ok.
‘Stop trying to get me 5150’d before I file a harassment suit myself nick I have the $.’
Family feud: Nick, snapped in April in LA, said he’s hoping his younger brother gets help
Speaking out: Carter denied posing any threat to his relatives, and vowed he was done with his brother Nick
The Saturday Night artist wasn’t to afraid to air dirty laundry, touching on the family finances and other unrelated matters regarding Nick.
‘I gave my brother $100,000 when he was almost broke and this is the thank you,’ Aaron said.
Amid the turbulent time, Aaron vowed to stay focused on his work and not let external factors get to him.
‘I’m not taking a break from ANYTHING,’ he said. ‘I’m going to do ALL of my shows on holds and booked and continue striving and being the best man I can be.’
Aaron has past opened up on social media about the collection of firearms he owns, including as a handgun, two assault rifles.
He’s been visited at his Lancaster, California home by authorities as recently as Sunday, when he told
On the show, Aaron detailed a number of health issues that could play into his future ownership of the firearms under a state law titled the Gun Violence Restraining Order. He told
A hearing to determine whether or not the restraining order should be made permanent is slated for October 16.