Prince Andrew partied with his pedophile companion Jeffrey Epstein at the billionaire’s $77million Manhattan mansion – just weeks after the shamed businessman was released from jail, DailyMail.com can reveal.
Epstein, hosted the bash in The Duke of York’s honour as the Prince stayed at his home for four days in December 2010.
The 66-year-old hedge fund tycoon invited Andrew to stay after he had been released from prison in the July following a 13-month prison term for soliciting girls as young as 14 for sex.
After his release and a year of house arrest in Palm Beach,
Prince Andrew is pictured with pedophile businessman Jeffrey Epstein as the men stroll around Central Park in December 2010
Billionaire Epstein hosted a party attended by Prince Andrew at his infamous $77m (above) Manhattan mansion in December 2010 – months after his release from a 13 month jail sentence
Guests at the intimate Manhattan townhouse soiree of around 15 people included Woody Allen, CBS anchor Katie Couric, Charlie Rose, Chelsea Handler and George Stephanopoulos.
It was just two months after the engagement of Prince William to Kate Middleton and the main topic of conversation was the forthcoming wedding of the future Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in London that coming April.
The hedge fund tycoon, 66, invited Andrew to stay after he had been released from prison in the July following a 13-month prison term for soliciting girls as young as 14 for sex
According to reports, Ms Couric recalled telling Andrew she would be broadcasting live from outside Westminster Abbey for the wedding and asked: ‘If I mail your BlackBerry, will you give me the details on what is happening inside?’
The intimate get-together was hosted in the same month an embarrassing photo was taken showing Andrew deep in conversation with shamed Epstein as they strolled through Central Park.
The picture was published in February the following year and made headlines around the world, with questions being raised over the Duke’s judgement in associating himself with the high-profile sex abuser.
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace today insisted that the Prince, who had previously holidayed with Epstein in Thailand and invited him for stays at Windsor Castle and the Queen’s country residence Sandringham, had not seen the pedophile since that photo was taken.
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace today told DailyMail.com: ‘The Duke of York has not visited any home of Mr Epstein or met with him since December 2010 when the photograph in Central Park was taken.’
The mansion on the Upper East Side is the now notorious home where just this past weekend federal agents and members of the NYPD removed thousands of images and photographs depicting nude women – a number of which appeared to be of underage females according to prosecutors for the Southern District of New York
Katie Couric and George Stephanopolous were said to be both guests alongside Prince Andrew at the party said to have been organised by Epstein’s long-time friend Peggy Siegal
He pleaded not guilty to sex trafficking charges on Monday and the 66-year-old is accused of abusing dozens of underage girls as young as 14 and could face up to 45 years in jail.
The party thrown for the royal was put together by Peggy Siegal according to The Daily Beast, a longtime friend of Epstein who just a few months prior had also planned a Yom Kippur Break Fast at Epstein’s home that was attended by a number of socialites and their families.
It is said that Siegal had organized the event as a chance to meet Andrew according to another individual close to Epstein and the guests, just a few months after the Duke of York’s nephew Prince William had proposed to his girlfriend Catherine Middleton.
That same person noted that Siegal is the preeminent host of awards season bashes in New York City, suggesting that likely played a large role in the turn-out that evening.
It was a low-key affair despite the A-list guests reports The Hollywood Reporter, with the crowd dining on lasagna and Epstein outfitting himself in jeans and a pair of velvet Stubbs & Wootton slippers.
And adding to the sense of growing embarrassment for the British prince, one woman who claimed she worked as a ‘sex slave’ for Jeffrey Epstein said she thinks the royal could help prosecutors prosecute the billionaire sex offender.
Virginia Giuffre, now 35, says she thinks Prince Andrew could give evidence in the case against Epstein.
But David Boies, her attorney has admitted that the Duke would most likely refuse to help US prosecutors.
And he says that US investigators have no ability to compel him to testify.
In this courtroom artist’s sketch, defendant Epstein, center, sits with attorneys Martin Weinberg, left, and Marc Fernich during his arraignment in NY federal court on July 8, 2019
Giuffre, who was previously Virigina Roberts, has alleged she was one of a number of young girls abused by Epstein when she was a teenager.
She alleged in court papers that she slept with Prince Andrew, but these allegations were dismissed by a US judge and were struck from the record.
For his part, Prince Andrew has denied any involvement with Giuffre.
Buckingham Palace also issued on the record statements in January 2015 denying the allegations.
‘Any suggestion of impropriety with underage minors is categorically untrue’ and ‘it is emphatically denied that the Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia Roberts. The allegations made are false and without any foundation,’ it said.
Now living in Australia, she spoke out yesterday for the first time since Epstein was arrested.
In a statement issued by Mr Boies’ law firm, Mrs Giuffre said: ‘I am deeply pleased that federal prosecutors in New York have arrested Jeffrey Epstein and are on the case in a serious way.’
The indictment filed in New York earlier this week accuses Epstein of paying underage girls hundreds of dollars in cash for massages and then molesting them at his homes in Palm Beach, Florida, and New York from 2002 through 2005.
The charges carry the potential for up to 45 years in prison.
His once-secret agreement with federal prosecutors in Florida has been widely criticized as a sweetheart deal.
The criticism has fallen heavily on Labor Secretary Alex Acosta, who was the U.S. attorney in Miami at the time of the agreement.
Epstein’s arrest has drawn attention to his past friendships with powerful people, including Donald Trump before he became president and former President Bill Clinton. Both have recently said they haven’t seen Epstein in years and didn’t know about any misconduct.
On Thursday, former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak also sought to distance himself from Epstein after U.S. tax records emerged that Barak received some $2 million in grants last decade from the Wexner Foundation. At the time of the grants, Epstein was a trustee of the foundation.
In a radio interview, Barak said he met Epstein several times but said he ‘didn’t support me or pay me.’