The latest victim of London’s violent crime epidimic is the third son in his family to be murdered, it has been revealed.
David Bello-Monerville, 38, was one of three men to be stabbed in Barnet on Tuesday night. He later died in hospital.
Six years ago his brother Joseph Burke-Monerville, 19, was shot in the head in a drive-by shooting and in 1994 his brother Trevor Monerville was knifed to death in Hackney at the age of 26.
Their heartbroken mother Linda Burke-Monerville rushed to the scene in north London on Tuesday screaming: ‘Not another son!’, neighbours told the
David Bello-Monerville, 38, was one of three men to be stabbed in Barnet on Tuesday night. He later died in hospital
The 38-year-old died after two groups clashed, fighting each other with blades, chains and broom handles, near his family home in Barnet.
His mother was seen sobbing desperately at the scene, where investigators scoured the streets for evidence.
No arrests have yet been made and the other two victims, aged 25 and 34, are still recovering in hospital.
David was in the car with his twin brothers Joseph and Jonathan when they were fired at by a gunman three times.
He and his brother Jonathan survived, but Joseph was shot in the head in a suspected case of mistaken identity.
Their brother Trevor died on the streets of Hackney when he was attacked by five men in 1994.
Six years ago his brother Joseph Burke-Monerville, 19, was shot in the head in a drive-by shooting
Their brother Trevor Monerville (pictured in hospital before he died) was knifed to death in Hackney at the age of 26
A Met Police spokesman said of David’s death: ‘Our thoughts are with the victim’s family at this very difficult time. This is such a tragic loss of life and we urge anyone with information to come forward.
‘The information you provide can be used to great effect to not only detect, but also prevent crime.
‘We are working closely with the Homicide and Major Crime Command as part of their ongoing investigation into the full circumstances.’
‘I know residents and the wider community in the area will be concerned not only with this incident but the violent incidents that have occurred in London in recent days.
‘We are conducting high visibility patrols and would encourage those from the local community to speak with officers about concerns they have or anything that they saw that could be of assistance.
‘If you aren’t comfortable speaking directly to the police, please contact the independent charity Crimestoppers via 0800 555 111. They do not ask your name or trace your call.’
Forensics are scouring the scene in Barnet (pictured) after a triple stabbing left David, 38, dead and another two men injured
Officers are pictured investigating in Barnet, north London, where London’s 61st murder of the year happened on Tuesday
‘Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact the HMCC on their incident room number of 0208 358 0300 or call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD8638/18June.
‘Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online via https://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information.’
His death came after a man in his 40s was stabbed to death in Stratford, in the early hours of Monday.
That killing followed three homicides in the space of 24 hours, including two teenagers who were fatally attacked at teatime on Friday.
Cheyon Evans, 18, was found stabbed in Wandsworth, south-west London, at 4.42pm, and died at the scene.
In the second killing, Eniola Aluko, 19, from Thamesmead, south-east London, was shot dead in Plumstead shortly before 5pm.
On Saturday, a man in his 30s was stabbed to death in a field next to a nursery and a mosque in Tower Hamlets, east London, just before 2pm.
LONDON’S MURDERS IN 2019
Where the 61 murders in the capital so far this year have been committed
- Jan 1: Charlotte Huggins, 32, Camberwell
- Jan 1: Tudor Simionov, 33, Mayfair
- Jan 4: Simbiso Aretha Moula, 39, Rainham
- Jan 6: Sarah Ashraf, 35, Isle of Dogs
- Jan 7: Jayden Moody, 14, Waltham Forest
- Jan 11: Asma Begum, 31, Canning Town
- Jan 27: Kamil Malysz, 34, Acton
- Jan 29: Nedim Bilgin, 17, Islington
- Feb 4: Carl Thorpe, 46, Highgate
- Feb 5: Lejean Richards, 19, Battersea
- Feb 10: Dennis Anderson, 39, East Dulwich
- Feb 18: Bright Akinlele, 22, Camden
- Feb 19: Brian Wieland, 69, Chingford
- Feb 21: Glendon Spence, 23, Brixton
- Feb 22: Kamali Gabbidon-Lynck, 19, Wood Green
- Feb 25: David Lopez-Fernandez, 38, Tower Hamlets
- Feb 26: Che Morrison, 20, Ilford
- Mar 1: Jodie Chesney, 17, Harold Hill
- Mar 2: Elize Linda Stevens, 50, Hendon
- Mar 2: Jolia Bogdan, 3 months, Croydon
- Mar 3: Unnamed man, 37, Soho
- Mar 6: Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, Kew
- Mar 6: David Martinez, 26, Leyton
- Mar 7: Antoinette Donnegan, 52, Battersea
- Mar 7: Ayub Hassan, 17, West Kensington
- Mar 16: Nathaniel Armstrong, 29, Fulham
- Mar 22: Abdirashid Mohamoud, 17, Isleworth
- Mar 24: Ravi Katharkamar, 54, Pinner
- Mar 27: Ramane Richard Wiggan, 25, West Norwood
- Mar 28: Zahir Visiter, 25, Regents Park
- Mar 29: Gavin Garraway, 40, Clapham
- Apr 1: Calvin Bungisa, 22, Kentish Town
- Apr 2: Hubert Hall, 60, Walthamstow
- Apr 7: Annabelle Lancaster, 22, Enfield
- Apr 8: Noore Bashir Salad, 22, Manor Park
- Apr 16: Gopinath Kasivisuwanathan, 27, Wembley
- Apr 17: Steven Brown, 47, Stoke Newington
- Apr 23: Meshak Williams, 21, Harlesden
- Apr 26: Mihrican Mustafa, 38, Canning Town
- Apr 26: Henriett Szucs, 34, Canning Town
- Apr 26: Amy Parsons, 35, Whitechapel
- Apr 26: Joshua White, 29, Hackney
- May 1: Tashaun Aird, 15, Hackney
- May 5: Constantin Sin, 51, Leytonstone
- May 5: Junior Urugbezi-Edwards, 18, Southwark
- May 11: Erik San-Filippo, 23, Islington
- May 16: Barrington Davis, 54, Lewisham
- May 23: Vladimir Koudriavtsev, 69, Kensington
- May 23: Tatiana Koudriavtsev, 68, Kensington
- May 25: Iderval da Silva, 46, Battersea
- May 26: Alimal Islam, 23, Tower Hamlets
- May 28: Ismail Ceesay, 33, Forest Gate
- May 30: Steven Kennedy, 61, Plaistow Park
- May 30: Unnamed man, 52, Harrow
- June 1: Baris Kucuk, 33, Haringey
- June 4: Adrian Murphy, Battersea
- June 14: Cheyon Evans, Wandsworth
- June 14: Eniola Aluko, Plumstead
- June 15: Gleb Stanislavovitch Zhebrovsky, Tower Hamlets
- June 15: Giedrius Juskauskas, Stratford
- June 18: Unnamed man, Barnet