California judge denies Kevin Spacey’s motion to reveal the identity of sex assault accuser

A California judge has denied Kevin Spacey’s motion to reveal the identity of a masseur who claimed the actor had forced him to touch his genitals and groped him during a massage, DailyMail.com has learned. 

The ruling was filed on Wednesday in Los Angeles court and revealed the anonymous accuser is over the age of 60. 

The man requested to keep his identity under wraps in his suit against Spacey,  which was first filed September of 2018.  

He alleges that Spacey forced him to touch his genitals and groped him during a massage, while also claiming the actor tried to block him from leaving at points in October of 2016.

Spacey allegedly let the masseur go after his offer to perform an oral sex act was rebuffed by the man.

The out-of-work actor, 59, was spotted last week at the Sunset Tower Hotel, where he did his best to go unnoticed by covering much of his face with a hooded sweatshirt.

Video shows the actor hightailing it out if the hotel under the cover of darkness, with a man who looked similar to Spacey’s lawyer Jay Barron directing the car as it pulled into traffic. 

Scroll down for video 

A California judge has denied Kevin Spacey's motion to reveal the identity of a masseur who claimed the actor had forced him to touch his genitals and groped him during a massage, DailyMail.com has learned

A California judge has denied Kevin Spacey's motion to reveal the identity of a masseur who claimed the actor had forced him to touch his genitals and groped him during a massage, DailyMail.com has learned

A California judge has denied Kevin Spacey’s motion to reveal the identity of a masseur who claimed the actor had forced him to touch his genitals and groped him during a massage, DailyMail.com has learned

Shady driver: Kevin Spacey was filmed leaving the Sunset Tower Hotel in Los Angeles last week, with the actor trying to avoid detection as he speed off alone in his car

Shady driver: Kevin Spacey was filmed leaving the Sunset Tower Hotel in Los Angeles last week, with the actor trying to avoid detection as he speed off alone in his car

Shady driver: Kevin Spacey was filmed leaving the Sunset Tower Hotel in Los Angeles last week, with the actor trying to avoid detection as he speed off alone in his car

K Spax: Spacey is about to start trial in Massachusetts for allegedly groping a teen, who said he was 23 at the time, while out at a bar in Nantucket

K Spax: Spacey is about to start trial in Massachusetts for allegedly groping a teen, who said he was 23 at the time, while out at a bar in Nantucket

K Spax: Spacey is about to start trial in Massachusetts for allegedly groping a teen, who said he was 23 at the time, while out at a bar in Nantucket 

Lift: A member of the Netflix legal team who specifically deals with the streaming service's original content, Tim Caballero, was also at the hotel (Caballero above lifting at the hotel)

Lift: A member of the Netflix legal team who specifically deals with the streaming service's original content, Tim Caballero, was also at the hotel (Caballero above lifting at the hotel)

Lift: A member of the Netflix legal team who specifically deals with the streaming service’s original content, Tim Caballero, was also at the hotel (Caballero above lifting at the hotel)

Spacey filed a motion earlier this month demanding to have the identity of his accuser revealed. 

The actor’s legal team argued that by not revealing the masseur’s identity, it would ‘delay the opening of discovery and disclosure’. 

The reason for Spacey’s visit to L.A. last week to the hotel is a bit of a mystery, but it does seem likely that the actor was spending part of his time dealing with one of the many legal cases he is facing these days.

Tim Caballero, a member of the Netflix legal team who specifically deals with the streaming service’s original content, was at the Sunset Tower at the same time as Spacey last week.  

Caballero, a lover of physical fitness, posted a video of himself lifting weights at the hotel to Instagram, using the Sunset Tower’s gym despite the fact that he lives in Los Angeles. 

The results of his lifting are on full display in his profile photo on the social media site, where he is seen swearing a black string bikini and cropped gray shirt. 

Spacey was removed as both the star and producer of House of Cards when allegations of sexual assault involving underage minors and other men began rolling in around late 2017, and also had his biopic about Gore Vidal shelved by the streaming giant.

It is unclear how, or if, Spacey’s contract with Netflix was ever settled in the wake of that decision.

A Netflix spokesperson told DailyMail.com however that there are no negotiations between Spacey and Netflix at this time and called the fact that the two men were both at the hotel a coincidence. 

Midnight in the garden of good and evil: His lawyer Jay Barron (above) appeared to be walking alongside the car to make sure that Spacey managed to exit without incident

Midnight in the garden of good and evil: His lawyer Jay Barron (above) appeared to be walking alongside the car to make sure that Spacey managed to exit without incident

Midnight in the garden of good and evil: His lawyer Jay Barron (above) appeared to be walking alongside the car to make sure that Spacey managed to exit without incident

Lawyer who lifts: A Netflix spokesperson told DailyMail.com however that there are no negotiations between Spacey and Netflix at this time and called the fact that the two men were both at the hotel a coincidence (Caballero above)

Lawyer who lifts: A Netflix spokesperson told DailyMail.com however that there are no negotiations between Spacey and Netflix at this time and called the fact that the two men were both at the hotel a coincidence (Caballero above)

Lawyer who lifts: A Netflix spokesperson told DailyMail.com however that there are no negotiations between Spacey and Netflix at this time and called the fact that the two men were both at the hotel a coincidence (Caballero above)

Spacey’s Los Angeles visit caught many by surprise, with the actor having declared months back that he is now a resident of Maryland.

There is also little chance of a comeback for Spacey any time soon, with the actor having been fired or edited it out of almost every movie that was set for release in the wake of claims he attempted to sexually assault a then-underage Anthony Rapp.

The one exception to that was Billionaire Boys Club, which was released in July and made $2.2 million at the box office on a $15 million budget. 

The incident that spurred Spacey’s downfall allegedly took place at Spacey’s apartment in 1986 when the actor invited Rapp to a party while they were both appearing on Broadway.

In an interview with Buzzfeed, Rapp said that he found himself alone in the apartment at the end of the night and that Spacey then began to make his move.

‘He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don’t, like, squirm away initially, because I’m like, ‘What’s going on?’ And then he lays down on top of me,’ said Rapp, who detailed being pressed up against the bed before being able to squirm away and ultimately leave the house without being assaulted by Spacey.

Usual suspect: Spacey is also on trial in Massachusetts for allegedly groping a teen, who said he was 23 at the time, while out at a bar in Nantucket (above in January at his arraignment)

Usual suspect: Spacey is also on trial in Massachusetts for allegedly groping a teen, who said he was 23 at the time, while out at a bar in Nantucket (above in January at his arraignment)

Usual suspect: Spacey is also on trial in Massachusetts for allegedly groping a teen, who said he was 23 at the time, while out at a bar in Nantucket (above in January at his arraignment) 

Spacey made the decision to come out of the closet in a statement apologizing to actor Anthony Rapp, who said in an interview that the actor attempted to sexually assault him in 1986, an incident Spacey says he does not remember.

Rapp was 14 at the time while Spacey was 26.

The actor did get a bit of good news last week in his criminal case.

Lawyers for the disgraced Oscar winner presented multiple motions to the judge, and while none of those motions have been ruled on, the judge did order that the man accusing Spacey of assault and his girlfriend-at-the-time preserve their phone and cloud records.

The defense wants to extend the time period for which they can obtain any texts of saved information in the accuser’s cloud from January 2017 to December 2017.

That was the lone decision handed down on Monday, with the judge promising to rule on the other motions at the next hearing on April 4 in Nantucket.

Spacey was not in court, after being told back in January that he would not be needed for the appearance.  

Link hienalouca.com

(Просмотров всего: 32 Время, 1 визитов за день)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *