Bow Wow opens up about his cough syrup addiction which nearly killed him

Bow Wow took to Twitter on Monday to urge ‘the youth’ to stop doing drugs in the wake of Mac Miller’s suspected overdose.

The 31-year-old performer, born Shad Moss, revealed that his addiction to ‘lean,’ a cough syrup and soda concoction, nearly killed him. 

‘Stop with these dumb a** drugs,’ he pleaded on social media. ‘I’m going to let something out. When me and Omarion worked on the FACE OFF album [in 2007], I was high off lean everyday! My attitude, everything changed. My fans started to turn on me, my family too.’

Just say 'no': Bow Wow took to Twitter on Monday to urge 'the youth' to stop doing drugs in wake of Mac Miller's recent overdose

Just say 'no': Bow Wow took to Twitter on Monday to urge 'the youth' to stop doing drugs in wake of Mac Miller's recent overdose

Just say ‘no’: Bow Wow took to Twitter on Monday to urge ‘the youth’ to stop doing drugs in wake of Mac Miller’s recent overdose

Party drug: The 31-year-old performer, born Shad Moss, revealed that his addiction to 'lean,' a cough syrup and soda concoction, nearly killed him

Party drug: The 31-year-old performer, born Shad Moss, revealed that his addiction to 'lean,' a cough syrup and soda concoction, nearly killed him

Party drug: The 31-year-old performer, born Shad Moss, revealed that his addiction to ‘lean,’ a cough syrup and soda concoction, nearly killed him

Back in December 2007, Bow Wow was hospitalized while on tour with Chris Brown. 

The Ohio native originally attributed his need for medical attention to ‘stress and exhaustion’ rather than his addiction to lean.  

‘I WAS SIPPING 4’s at least 7 times a day. I came off stg and passed out and woke up in the hospital,’ he said. 

Cover up: Back in December 2007, Bow Wow was hospitalized while on tour with Chris Brown. The Ohio native originally attributed his need for medical attention to 'stress and exhaustion' 

Cover up: Back in December 2007, Bow Wow was hospitalized while on tour with Chris Brown. The Ohio native originally attributed his need for medical attention to 'stress and exhaustion' 

Cover up: Back in December 2007, Bow Wow was hospitalized while on tour with Chris Brown. The Ohio native originally attributed his need for medical attention to ‘stress and exhaustion’ 

Addiction affects: Bow Wow admitted on Monday that his lean addiction was what put him out of commission for several tour dates

Addiction affects: Bow Wow admitted on Monday that his lean addiction was what put him out of commission for several tour dates

Addiction affects: Bow Wow admitted on Monday that his lean addiction was what put him out of commission for several tour dates

Shad went on to explain his withdraw symptoms in the process of getting clean. 

‘I never felt a pain like that ever,’ he said. ‘It was summer but I was walking round with 3 hoodies on because I was so cold. That s**t is not cool and I was doing it to be cool!’ 

The rapper added: ‘Kick that shit! Be a good son or daughter. Be the best you. We gotta save the youth from going out early. Parents watch your kids. I almost died f***ing with syrup. DRUG FREE IS THE WAY TO BE.’ 

 Peer pressure: The Ohio native did drugs in an attempt to be 'cool'

 Peer pressure: The Ohio native did drugs in an attempt to be 'cool'

 Peer pressure: The Ohio native did drugs in an attempt to be ‘cool’

Active measures: Bow Wow plans to be more 'vocal' about his struggle with drugs 

Active measures: Bow Wow plans to be more 'vocal' about his struggle with drugs 

Active measures: Bow Wow plans to be more ‘vocal’ about his struggle with drugs 

Mac Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, was pronounced dead of an apparent overdose on Friday afternoon. 

Paramedics were called to Miller’s home, where they found the 26-year-old rapper unresponsive. His cause of death has yet to be determined, but PEOPLE sources believe he went into cardiac arrest.  

‘Rest easy young GOD,’ Bow Wow wrote on Twitter following the news. 

Gone too soon: Mac Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, was pronounced dead of an apparent overdose on Friday afternoon

Gone too soon: Mac Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, was pronounced dead of an apparent overdose on Friday afternoon

Gone too soon: Mac Miller, born Malcolm James McCormick, was pronounced dead of an apparent overdose on Friday afternoon

Linkhienalouca.com

(Просмотров всего: 85 Время, 1 визитов за день)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *