Fans have speculated that Hardeep Singh Kholi may well have the first person to be accused of something he did not do by Roxanne Pallett.
On the very first night of Celebrity Big Brother, the former Emmerdale actress, 35, found herself completely drenched after falling into the pool – but appeared to suggest the comedian, 49, had ‘pushed her’.
Following their raucous first evening, Hardeep, Roxanne and model Chloe Ayling turned back to the main house, but drama quickly ensued as Chloe almost went straight into the pool.
Celebrity Big Brother: Did Roxanne Pallett accuse Hardeep Singh Kholi of PUSHING her into the pool before her ‘punch row’ with Ryan Thomas?
Watching the model almost trip over, Hardeep quickly reached out to grab her arms and said: ‘Don’t fall, don’t fall’.
But instead, Roxanne accidentally landed in the water, with Hardeep maintaining that ‘I didn’t touch you’.
Pointing towards the blonde model, Hardeep added: ‘I did her, not you.’
Trying his best to help out a completely drenched Roxanne out of the pool, the actress reassured him that it was fine as the water was warm.
Soaked: Following their raucous first evening, Hardeep, Roxanne and model Chloe Ayling turned back to the main house, but drama quickly ensued as Chloe almost went straight into the pool
Fans at the time had questioned whether Roxanne had faked the fall after an over dramatic rendition of the American National Anthem.
Viewers at home took to Twitter following the pool incident, with one person commenting: ‘Roxanne needs to give herself a night off mate from this pantomime she’s constantly playing’
‘Nawww Roxanne that fall in the pool was so fake’ wrote another
While a third fan said: ‘Yeah, alright Roxanne’
It comes as the actress dubbed herself ‘the most hated woman in Britain’ after returning to the
The actress has been slated by members of the public and fellow screen stars who have called for her to face ‘further’ action after claiming actor Ryan Thomas playfully ‘punched’ her.
Making a splash! Watching the model almost trip over, Hardeep quickly reached out to grab her arms and said: ‘Don’t fall, don’t fall’.
The former housemate appeared was quizzed by Emma Willis, 42, about her claims in the house in a ‘savage’ no-holds barred interview screened last night which set the internet alight.
Roxanne walked out of the Big Brother house in the early hours of Saturday morning after claiming Thomas punched her ‘like a boxer would punch a bag’ on Thursday night’s episode.
Broadcast regulator Ofcom received more than 11,000 complaints over her claims as footage appeared to contradict her claims.
A staggering 21 former Emmerdale co-stars slammed the actress while many claimed she was making a ‘mockery’ of real abuse victims.
Responding to firm questioning by Emma, Roxanne said that she was ‘devastated and sorry’ and that she was ‘scared about her future’.
She also told the presenter ‘things in the past’ have made her ‘fragile’.
‘I’m the most hated girl in Britain’: Roxanne told Emma Willis on Celebrity Big Brother on Monday night that she made a ‘massive, horrible mistake’ over her Ryan Thomas punch claim
She said: ‘I needed to come and tell everyone that I got it wrong, I’m human, I made a massive, massive, horrible mistake.’
When asked by Emma whether she felt she could be forgiven for the ordeal, the ex-Emmerdale star said: ‘I would hope that I could be [forgiven].’
Echoing much of what she said earlier on Monday, when she appeared on current affairs show Jeremy Vine, Roxanne began her interview by saying: ‘Watching [the clip of what happened] feels like a completely different scenario to how it felt at the time.
‘How it felt when he did it – it hurt. I can’t prove a feeling, it became heightened and I convinced myself that he meant it. It DID hurt.’
Ryan had playfully ‘punched’ Roxanne in the dining area of the CBB house. She branded him a ‘woman beater’ before going to the Diary Room to demand Ryan be removed from the house.
He was issued with a formal warning, but Roxanne claimed to be afraid of him, asking to sleep in a separate room that evening and seen crying and shaking.
She then told her fellow housemates that he had ‘repeatedly hit her in the ribs’, which led them to confront him about it.
Demanding answers: Responding to firm questioning by Emma, Roxanne, 35, said that she was ‘devastated and sorry’ and that she was ‘scared about her future’
On eventually understanding what took place, the housemates backed Ryan, with Roxanne leaving the show in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Meanwhile, Ryan’s girlfriend Lucy Mecklenburgh has revealed her distress at watching the show, as have his brothers.
Lucy slammed producers and urged them to show the footage to the housemates as she said ‘this is sick’.
Second appearance: Roxanne’s CBB interview was the second – appearing earlier on Monday on Jeremy Vine but Emma was praised for asking all the important questions
Quit: Roxanne has since quit social media, in wake of the public outcry as she has been bombarded with messages from fuming fans of the show
She has since quit social media – which has been flooded with messages aimed at her actions, including from those in the entertainment industry branding her a ‘liar’ and pointing out that she has supposedly demonstrated similar behaviour in the past.
Ryan’s brother Adam had tweeted afterwards: ‘I just heard white noise coming from her all I needed was the look on @EmmaWillis face throughout …it said it all am done with all this now it’s draining … #voteryan2win #CBBUK.’
Former Emmerdale co-star also said: ‘Thank you @EmmaWillis for seeing straight through it. It’s one big performance you’d think @theJeremyVine would have the brains to see that as well, so.. Well done you! #CBB.’
Having watched the clip back, Roxanne told Emma: ‘I saw what every single person saw. I don’t blame anyone for thinking ‘why did she make light of it and skip off’ [after the incident].
‘I am more shocked at myself. I need to think about why I used humour when something bothered me in my mind. I’ve asked myself why I didn’t I go and confront Ryan.
‘I convinced myself that it was done with malice. It wasn’t – I know it wasn’t now. I feel devastated. It cripples me with embarrassment and shame.’
Something to say: Ryan’s brother Adam led the social media tweets praising Emma for the way she handled the interview
His sibling: Adam has been defending his brother on social media since the row started
Opinionated: Emmerdale’s Danny Miller also had something to say on the matter
Ryan’s girlfriend Lucy Mecklenburgh (pictured) has revealed her distress at watching the show. She slammed producers and urged them to show the footage to the housemates
Celebrity Big Brother’s Roxanne Pallett and Ryan Thomas punch row: A timeline
THE ROW: THURSDAY AUGUST 30
Punch row: Roxanne Pallett accused Ryan Thomas of assaulting her after he playfully jabbed her on Celebrity Big Brother
- Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas, 34, playfully jabbed Roxanne Pallett, 35, which later led to her saying he was a ‘woman beater’ on Thursday’s CBB
- Roxanne expressed her concern in the Diary Room and demanded for Ryan to be removed from the house
- In addition to this, she asked if she could sleep in a separate room because she didn’t feel safe
- After reviewing the footage, Ryan was given a formal warning by Channel 5
THE AFTERMATH: FRIDAY AUGUST 31
Public outrage: More than 11,000 viewers complained to Ofcom over the scandal
- More than 11,000 viewers complained to Ofcom in defence of Ryan, complaining he was ‘obviously play fighting’ and ‘hardly touched her’
- Roxanne was accused of ‘setting back’ the work of domestic abuse charities, while her social media accounts were deleted on Friday morning
- On Friday’s show, Roxanne confided in housemate Ben Jardine as she alluded to the incident, branding it as ‘bad’
SOCIAL BACKLASH: FRIDAY AUGUST 31
Backlash: A slew of celebs defended Ryan and called the actress ‘manipulative’
- 21 of her former Emmerdale co-stars called her out for her ‘calculated’ and ‘manipulative’ behaviour on social media
- Thomas’s girlfriend and reality TV star Lucy Mecklenburgh called for Pallett to be removed from the show, adding that she does not think she is in a ‘fit’ state of mind.
- Her Wikipedia page was hacked, with details changed to say her career ended in 2018 when she appeared on Celebrity Big Brother
THE REACTION: FRIDAY AUGUST 31
Emotional: Viewers watched Ryan Thomas break down in tears, worrying his career is ‘ruined’ after the accusations
- Viewers watched Ryan Thomas break down in tears, worrying his career was ‘ruined’
- The pair hashed out their differences as he insisted he was ‘showing his affection’
- Upon her friend Ben Jardine’s eviction, Roxanne heard the crowd chant ‘Get Roxy Out’, leaving her questioning what she had done wrong
- Ryan broke down saying it was what he ‘needed to hear’ as the housemates turned on Roxanne
THE SHOCK DEPARTURE: SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 1
Exit: The former Emmerdale star broke down in tears, saying: ‘I’m going home’
- Sally and Nick are vocal in their support of Ryan, with former broker Nick urging Roxanne to ‘do the right thing’, and ‘tell the truth’
- The former Emmerdale star later breaks down in tears in the show’s Diary Room, saying: ‘I’m going home, I need out, I need to go’
- Viewers took to social media, sharing their glee at the news she left but others vented they felt she had taken the ‘easy way out’
- It is not clear if she will be forced to hand back her £75,000 fee after her dramatic exit.
THE APOLOGY: MONDAY SEPTEMBER 3
Apology: Roxanne said: ‘I got it completely wrong’ and hopes Ryan will forgive her
- Appearing on Jeremy Vine, Roxanne has now said she didn’t know she was wrong until she reviewed clip and hopes Ryan will forgive her
- She believes past domestic violence has made her overly sensitive
- She apologised for ‘trivialising’ the issue of domestic violence
- She claimed she was advised not to be on the show and wasn’t being paid
- She said: ‘I got it completely wrong’