His interview with Roxanne Pallett was branded ‘pathetic’ after her apology to Ryan Thomas was seen as a ‘PR stunt’.
And Jeremy Vine has become the latest victim of a Wikipedia page hack following the controversial discussion on Monday.
The TV presenter, 53, kicked off his brand new Channel 5 show with an exclusive interview with the former Celebrity Big Brother contestant, 35, in which she apologised for accusing her housemate of deliberately punching her on the stalwart surveillance reality show.
Unfortunate: Jeremy Vine’s Wikipedia page was hacked following his controversial interview with Roxanne Pallett as her apology to Ryan Thomas is branded ‘pathetic’
Seemingly furious over Roxanne’s appearance on his show, internet trolls hacked into his Wikipedia page to edit the contents and share their own version of events.
Moments after the show aired, his television presenting section read: ‘His interview on his new show was the psychopath Roxanne Pallett.
‘The interview descended into complete chaos when Roxanne accused a member of Vine’s production team of trying to drown her.
‘Lies’: His interview with Roxanne Pallett was branded ‘pathetic’ after her apology to Ryan Thomas was seen as a ‘PR stunt’
Upset: In the interview, Roxanne apologised for accusing Ryan Thomas (pictured) of deliberately punching her on the stalwart surveillance reality show
Harsh: Moments after the show aired, his television presenting section read: ‘His interview on his new show was the psychopath Roxanne Pallett’
‘Light entertainment’: Jeremy even referenced the hack on his Twitter, and seemed to find the humour in it, even thanking the fan who spotted it
‘Footage later emerged showing that the production team member had actually passed her a glass of water.’
Earlier this week, Roxanne’s own Wiki page was also sabotaged, with details changed to say ‘her career ended in 2018 when she appeared on Celebrity Big Brother’.
Her social media accounts were all deleted by Friday morning after she was hounded online.
Roxanne’s apology on the show following her accusations been branded ‘pathetic’, ‘a PR stunt’ and ‘lies lies lies’ by a slew of her former colleagues.
Fuming: Ryan’s brother Adam labelled the interview ‘pathetic’ and accused Roxanne of acting, saying: ‘good scene tho Rox annnddd cut!!’
Not bowled over: Both Adam and Jason Gardiner, who worked with Roxanne in 2009 on Dancing On Ice slated the actress after her appearance on the show
Having watched the footage after quitting the show on Saturday, the actress claims she ‘over-reacted’ to being playfully jabbed by Ryan and said she got it ‘completely wrong.’
Watched by thousands, eager to see what the brunette had to say – having last been seen exiting the house over the situation on Saturday morning – former co-stars of Roxanne’s were quick to slam her for the attempt at an apology.
Sammy Winward – who acted opposite Roxanne in Emmerdale as Katie Sugden – simply tweeted ‘lies lies lies’ after watching the interview, before adding: ‘Let’s just add wild dog attacks and kidnapping to the list. She can’t blame those on her previous experiences.’
Dramatic: the actress claims she ‘over-reacted’ to being playfully jabbed by Ryan and said she got it ‘completely wrong’
The latter comment was in response to Roxanne telling Vine that she had been a victim of domestic abuse in the past and so was over-sensitive to what Ryan did.
A mass of former Emmerdale stars – as well as others from across the entertainment industry – took to Twitter to brand Roxanne’s apology a ‘PR stunt’.
Ryan’s brother, Adam, who stars on Emmerdale, said: ‘Jeremy vine to scared to speak up too pc pathetic interview !!… to everyone that knows her and knows the real her and the lies and the stories she has spun for several years it is so frustrating to watch … good scene tho Rox annnddd cut!!’
In 2009, Roxanne appeared on Dancing On Ice and Jason Gardiner, a judge on the show, said: ‘I’ve only known her to be argumentative, dramatic and disingenuous.
Explanation: Jeremy had said: ‘If there had been no camera, it would have broken his career. There would have been allegations he couldn’t disprove’
‘Ruthless ambition eventually destroys and leaves a wake of devastation. This is damage control.
Roxanne, who has been a victim of domestic violence in the past – is ‘devastated and mortified’ after she was criticised for trivialising the issue.
She said: ‘I work with women because of my own experience and perhaps they were right my reaction was a sign I’ve been in a situation like that.
‘In my life I have become conditioned, I’m sensitive to certain things but I’m devastated and mortified if even one person thought I’d discredited or undermined abuse because that was not my intention.
Jeremy had said: ‘If there had been no camera, it would have broken his career. There would have been allegations he couldn’t disprove.’
Roxanne replied: ‘He couldn’t disprove his intention and I couldn’t disprove, or prove, the feeling, but since I’ve been out, I looked at the clip and spoke to my family and reflected in a normal environment.
‘Because it’s not normal in there. I wasn’t thinking straight and that’s something I need to go away and work on, I need to be a better person…’
Celebrity Big Brother’s Roxanne Pallett and Ryan Thomas punch row: A timeline
THE ROW: THURSDAY AUGUST 30
Punch row: Roxanne Pallett accused Ryan Thomas of assaulting her after he playfully jabbed her on Celebrity Big Brother
- Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas, 34, playfully jabbed Roxanne Pallett, 35, which later led to her saying he was a ‘woman beater’ on Thursday’s CBB
- Roxanne expressed her concern in the Diary Room and demanded for Ryan to be removed from the house
- In addition to this, she asked if she could sleep in a separate room because she didn’t feel safe
- After reviewing the footage, Ryan was given a formal warning by Channel 5
THE AFTERMATH: FRIDAY AUGUST 31
Public outrage: More than 11,000 viewers complained to Ofcom over the scandal
- More than 11,000 viewers complained to Ofcom in defence of Ryan, complaining he was ‘obviously play fighting’ and ‘hardly touched her’
- Roxanne was accused of ‘setting back’ the work of domestic abuse charities, while her social media accounts were deleted on Friday morning
- On Friday’s show, Roxanne confided in housemate Ben Jardine as she alluded to the incident, branding it as ‘bad’
SOCIAL BACKLASH: FRIDAY AUGUST 31
Backlash: A slew of celebs defended Ryan and called the actress ‘manipulative’
- 21 of her former Emmerdale co-stars called her out for her ‘calculated’ and ‘manipulative’ behaviour on social media
- Thomas’s girlfriend and reality TV star Lucy Mecklenburgh called for Pallett to be removed from the show, adding that she does not think she is in a ‘fit’ state of mind.
- Her Wikipedia page was hacked, with details changed to say her career ended in 2018 when she appeared on Celebrity Big Brother
THE REACTION: FRIDAY AUGUST 31
Emotional: Viewers watched Ryan Thomas break down in tears, worrying his career is ‘ruined’ after the accusations
- Viewers watched Ryan Thomas break down in tears, worrying his career was ‘ruined’
- The pair hashed out their differences as he insisted he was ‘showing his affection’
- Upon her friend Ben Jardine’s eviction, Roxanne heard the crowd chant ‘Get Roxy Out’, leaving her questioning what she had done wrong
- Ryan broke down saying it was what he ‘needed to hear’ as the housemates turned on Roxanne
THE SHOCK DEPARTURE: SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 1
Exit: The former Emmerdale star broke down in tears, saying: ‘I’m going home’
- Sally and Nick are vocal in their support of Ryan, with former broker Nick urging Roxanne to ‘do the right thing’, and ‘tell the truth’
- The former Emmerdale star later breaks down in tears in the show’s Diary Room, saying: ‘I’m going home, I need out, I need to go’
- Viewers took to social media, sharing their glee at the news she left but others vented they felt she had taken the ‘easy way out’
- It is not clear if she will be forced to hand back her £75,000 fee after her dramatic exit.
THE APOLOGY: MONDAY SEPTEMBER 3
Apology: Roxanne said: ‘I got it completely wrong’ and hopes Ryan will forgive her
- Appearing on Jeremy Vine, Roxanne has now said she didn’t know she was wrong until she reviewed clip and hopes Ryan will forgive her
- She believes past domestic violence has made her overly sensitive
- She apologised for ‘trivialising’ the issue of domestic violence
- She claimed she was advised not to be on the show and wasn’t being paid
- She said: ‘I got it completely wrong’